I recently came across an e-mail citing examples of a bad CV.
'Just IT' ran a six-week study to help students and graduates improve their CVs.
Managing director Sunil Duggal receives hundreds of CVs and cover letters every day, some brilliant and others appalling. In a bid to educate job seekers about what to avoid writing, he has identified the worst to land on his desk.
Each is labeled as a type, and all are best avoided.
The neurotic: a candidate submitted a password protected CV which could not be accessed.
The evangelist: a candidate ended a covering letter with ‘Jesus loves you’.
The banker: a candidate put their bank details on their CV.
The cyber-criminal: a candidate put that their life’s ambition was to be a hacker.
The punctual one: a candidate put ‘I’m good at timekeeping. I wake up at 6am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’ on their cover letter.
The bone idle: a candidate sent across a generic template leaving gaps where there should have been information describing the job position they were applying for, and the company they were applying to.
The enigma: a CV was submitted with no name or contact details.
The pervert: CVs with inappropriate email addresses such as ‘caught****ing@school.com’.
The narcissist: a cover letter from a candidate with one objective - ‘to please and attain supreme perfection’.
The porn star: a CV was submitted including a photo more suitable for a glamour shoot.
This made me laugh. Luckily I don't think my CV is that bad although judging by my bad luck in the job market maybe it is. However next week on Thursday I have a job interview in Telford for 'Jacobs' (transportation dept) and on November 6th in Luton for a market research company called 'Critical'. Hopefully something comes of one of these, ideally the Telford role because I would like to use some skills developed through my Geography degree in a work related 'sphere'.
Listening to: Superchunk - Here's Where The Strings Come In
4 comments:
девственницы кончают [url=http://pornfreetube.ru/]Онлайн порно[/url] девственницы кончают
бесплатно смотреть онлайн порно видео ролики
I really like what you guys tend to be up too. This kind
of clever work and coverage! Keep up the excellent works guys I've incorporated you guys to blogroll.
my web page - http://plymouthmn.gov/
еach timе i used to read ѕmаller
articleѕ or reνіеws that
aѕ well cleaг their mοtive, and that is alsο
happening with this parаgraph which Ӏ am reading here.
Also ѵisіt my wеb page :: Aromatherapy massage
Visit my homepage : acupuncture anxiety
I like [url=http://www.nikeshop.ca/]Nike[/url] and http://www.nikeshop.ca/9gjxaljd
Post a Comment